You may be familiar with the benefits of CBD in your dog's diet, but what are the benefits of CBD in your dog's shampoo?
Replacing your typical over-the-counter pet shampoo with an all natural, CBD shampoo is a great move, especially for dogs who struggle with dryness or irritation. Typical shampoos often contain harmful detergents or dyes which can leave your dog's skin and coat dry and irritated.
How does CBD shampoo work?
Like human scalps, your dog's skin has receptors that activate CBD. CBD teams up with the skin's cannabinoid receptors to produce healthy oils and prevent dryness. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD naturally manage and skin irritation and itchiness.
What else do I need to know?
Not all CBD shampoos are created equally. Even though CBD is an all-star ingredient that is safe for your pet, you want to make sure that all other ingredients in your shampoo are helpful, not harmful.
For example, Dope Dog's Soothing Suds CBD shampoo includes the following supportive ingredients in addition to 100mg of active CBD:
- OATMEAL - helps reduce itching and inflammation and can be used to calm eczema, heal psoriasis, and remove dead skin cells. Oats also contain compounds called saponins, which are natural cleansers.
- JOJOBA OIL - plays the role of sebum and moisturizes the skin and hair.
- LAVENDER OIL - has been used for centuries for its powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, and calming properties.
- MARJORUM OIL - is antiseptic, bactericidal, and analgesic. It is ideal for treating external wounds, protecting from bacterial infections, and effective for treating inflammation, muscle, and joint pain.
- VITAMIN E - moisturizes the skin and may alleviate dryness, itching, and flaking.
The combination of a simple, natural base plus active CBD is what makes a winning CBD shampoo formula.