Frozen Watermelon Dog Treat Recipe
What up Dopep Dogs! Here's a quick and easy recipe for some devilishly cool treats for your pup!
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- Plain Greek Yogurt (Optional) Note: While yogurt is a dairy product and it’s best to steer clear of dairy with dogs, fresh plain yogurt with good bacteria is often easier for dogs to tolerate. To avoid dairy altogether, substitute coconut milk (read the label to look for xylitol or other harmful ingredients)
- Parsley (Optional)
Note: Often added to dog treats as a breath freshener or used to soothe the stomach, parsley has a long history of use with dogs.
- Puree seedless watermelon in a blender.
- Chop parsley
- Place mold on the baking tray. If you are using the paw molds, first insert a small piece of parsley into the bottom then add a thin layer of plain Greek yogurt. Freeze for one hour. Next, fill the remaining mold with watermelon puree. Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours.
- For the dog bone mold, add a piece of parsley to the bottom of mold and spoon in a layer of watermelon puree. Freeze one hour. Next, add a layer of plain Greek yogurt. Freeze one hour. Finally, add another layer of watermelon puree and freeze overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Meet the Dope Dog Fam
From left to right - Zoey (Barketing Executive), Erin (Co-Founder), James (Chief Treat Officer), Michael (Co-Founder)
Michael and Erin started Dope Dog because of the problems their canine companion has faced.
Without any holistic products on the market to help James' post-surgery joint pain or Zoey's back problems, they knew it's time to bring high-end wellness products to change their pet's lives.
After extensive research, they created a CBD product line that dogs love.
Here at Dope Dog, our number one goal is to deliver effective and holistic solutions to you, the conscious pet parent. CBD is our signature. It is the active ingredient in everything we create. Every Dope Dog product is thoughtfully designed for dogs with the intention to improve their quality of life, starting with the best CBD. Our batches of CBD Treats and CBD oils are rigorously lab tested to make sure every product is of the highest quality. We test each of our product batches to ensure we’re delivering the amount of CBD listed on the label. All products are 100% THC free.
We don’t just sell treats and oil to feed your dog; we also have a shampoo to help boost your dog’s comfort. Our Soothing Suds shampoo for dogs contains a supportive blend of fur-friendly ingredients perfect for dogs with sensitive coats, redness, dryness, or inflammation. Soothing Suds is both healing and preventative, making it perfect for ongoing use. We also like to provide fun tips and plenty of other advice if you check out our blog.
Dogs use our CBD treats for anxiety, pain, inflammation, and much more! Try Dope Dog today.
Dope Dog is very proud to provide products that both dogs and dog parents love, but that is just part of what we do. We are also very serious about showing our love for dogs, which is why we have partnered with many animal rescues throughout the country with The Impact Initiative. Our ongoing and past partners list includes Smiley Tails Rescue, The Barking Lot Rescue, Silicon Valley Pet Project, Wags and Walks, So Cal Bulldog Rescue, Boxer Butts and Other Mutts, Muttville Senior Dog Rescue, JR's Pups-N-Stuff Dog Rescue, Ruff Patch Rescue, Morris Animal Refuge, Potomac Valley Pekingese Club, Palmetto Paws Animal Rescue, and House of Little Dogs Rescue and Sanctuary.
Our partner for 2020 is Deity Animal Rescue. They stay true to their dog-first mission, which aligns with our goals here at Dope Dog and our mission of making dogs happy. Deity Animal Rescue is a Los Angeles based non-profit organization. Their passion and mission are to rescue, rehabilitate and place stray, neglected and shelter dogs into loving, responsible and committed homes. On any day, you can witness the crew picking up dogs when they're on their last leg. No number of miles is too far. No medical condition is too critical. Deity finds a way to help these dogs regardless the situation. They are truly lifesavers.
Related: Deity Dogs and Goods
With the weather warming up, we will start thinking about ways to keep our dogs cool. One fun and delicious way is to make them some summer treats. There are plenty of food items that can be made into treats for your pup, but remember to steer clear of dairy, chocolate, macadamia nuts, and xylitol when feeding your dog, so keep the human desserts for yourself. Frozen green beans or fruit chunks such as banana, strawberry, blueberry, or peach are simple treats, but check out this recipe for something a little more fun.